Friday, June 26, 2009

Myrtle Beach Summer Trip!

A long over due post is finally here! I wasn't into blogging too much while on vacation and then came home to no Internet! It's finally fixed today - had something to do with the line outside. It's nice to have it back either way.

Our vacation at my parents was absolutely wonderful. The weather was gorgeous with only two cloudy days and Caden sure did enjoy the pool and beach! It took Caden about two days to warm up to my parents and their home. The first day was madness. Caden had to hold onto me EVERY second. I couldn't move an inch from him or he would start crying. I was worried how the trip would pan out, but Caden made himself at home. Before we knew it he was following around his Grandpa and gesturing for Grandma to pick him up. I was relieved to say the least.

We spent most of our days at the pool and made a trip to the beach when Ryan flew in. He could only stay a few short days, but at least we were able to fly home together. Ryan was able to get a couple days of golf in too, which I know he really enjoyed.

Just a few updates on Caden - he is doing great! Active as ever!! He sure wears me out somedays. He started running while we were on vacation and says a new word: "Duck". Being with him for 10 straight days was awesome. I could not believe how much Caden really understands. He probably understands more than he leads on as well.

Have I mentioned how much this boy LOVES to be outside? Every time I put his shoes on Caden would get so excited. He would run around the kitchen and then into the utility room where the door leads to the garage at my parents. He knows that shoes means he gets to go outside.

Here are some GREAT pictures from our vacation!



Hey Mom! I can't see under this hat!



Taking a snooze... he also slept through the night at my mom's house every night, which I did not expect.


Getting into the cupboards as usual...



Spaghetti face :)



Getting comfy with Grandpa








Our beautiful blue eyed boy



I just love this picture of my two favorite boys!


At Broadway on our way to get some ice cream

Caden's favorite part of our trip.. the beach!






Not happy at this particular moment

He loved the faucet more than the pool on some days.. silly boy



Love this picture

More exciting stuff coming later this week. Stay tuned!

No comments: