Monday, March 7, 2011

long overdue post....

Adi-Em, Adole, Baby, Baybole, Adi, Adi-Cakes, Adisyn - all the names we have for you sweetpea, although Caden came up with a few of them too. Our sweet lil peanut is blossoming into a such a sweet lovable girl. Her newest milestone - WALKING. At 13 months she just took off and she LOVES to walk. She will fall on her bum here and there and ends up crying. She cannot stand on her feet without holding onto something. Either we have to run over and help her back up or she'll crawl to the furniture or toy to pull herself up. That is all the crawling we've been seeing in the last week.



A few words she says or at least tries to say "Hi" (it's a drawn out hiiiiii), "Ha" for hot - and she whispers it. She says "dada" for daddy and doggy. She is trying to say fish, but can only get out the "fff" sound. I'm honestly not in any hurry for her to talk. Her brother does enough talking as it is.

Adisyn had her one year check up at 13 months old. She only weighs 16.8 lbs and isn't on the charts. She eats like food is going out of style, so there is no problem there. She is also FINALLY sleeping through the night. I do have to take her back at 15 months for a weight check. I'm concerned she may not gain much now that my four-legged mover is now a two-legged mover.

Teeny or not we love our lil girl and she melts are heart every day. She lights up our world and we are so grateful for her.

As for lil man, Caden..... he is as busy as ever. I think we are all getting cabin fever and just waiting for Spring. This boy loves to be outside and I can't wait to spend our summer days in the backyard (with a fence!) this year. Caden will be in his glory. My mom says he is a lot like I was as a child... he loves to hear himself talk. He is like the energizer bunny that never stops. I love hearing his stories - true or not - he is quite amuzing and truly amazing!

I believe it's been 3-4 weeks, but Caden is officially binkie free. Ryan took him to the store for some groceries one evening. They came home without Caden's lovey or binkie. Of course I asked Ryan to go back out to find Caden's lovey (which he did), but we jumped on the opportunity to tell Caden that was his last binkie and he lost it at the store. Surprisingly he didn't put up a fuss and he has been doing great. The only downside is that he has been fighting his naps ever since. It's sporadic when we can get him to nap. If he does nap, he is up the next morning around 5:30am... so I guess it could be coincidental. Maybe he truly doesn't need them anymore. (Even if Mommy and Daddy do need them.)

Caden and Adisyn still do not get along much. Caden mostly picks on Adi and she screams and hits back. I'm not sure what to do, but to be consistent about teaching them to play nice and not hit or push each other. There are rare moments when I do catch some sisterly-brotherly love, but when I do it just melts my heart.


-

Until next time.....

No comments: