Saturday, September 6, 2008

He slept!!

I feel like a new person today! Caden did AWESOME last night, but I'll have to start with Thursday night first.

Caden has been fighting naps while at Tammy's during the week. I'm not sure why, but he just will not sleep well for her. On Tuesday and Wednesday he slept maybe a total of 1-2 hours each day while I was at work. Thursday was a better day for him and he did take two good naps. He fell asleep in his OWN room around 8pm for the night and woke up around 11:30pm. I fed him in the rocking chair and we must have fallen asleep because I ended up going back upstairs around 12:30am. His feedings never take an hour, so I knew I had fallen asleep (BTW - I really hate when I fall asleep in that chair. I rock myself to sleep I guess). I woke up at 2am to hear this blood curdling scream over the monitor. Not a 'where is my Mommy' or 'I want to eat' cry - it was a 'something is definitely wrong' cry. I go flying down the stairs (I'm surprised I didn't miss a step and fall) to find him laying horizontal in the crib all stuffed up. It's like he needed to blow his nose and couldn't. Well, obviously he can't blow his own nose yet. So, I had to be the mean Mommy and use the booger squeezer on him. I felt so bad for him and he was so upset. I ended up taking him upstairs for the rest of the night. He woke up every 2 hours after that.

Needless to say I was one tired Mommy yesterday. I also wasn't feeling the greatest either. Ryan stayed up with Caden when he got home from work, so I could take a little nap. It was much needed and deserved. Thank you honey!

On Friday we followed our normal routine, which really starts around 6pm. Caden gets his cereal and veggie. He ate everything I made for him once again. Bath time is at 7pm and his last feeding is at 7:30pm. He was asleep by 8:15pm in his OWN room and he did not wake up until 12:30am. I fed him and he was back to sleep by 1am. This time I didn't fall asleep in the rocking chair. Can you believe that my little munchkin did not wake up again until just before 5am! I woke up at 4am on my own and wanted to get out of bed and a do a little happy dance. I did bring him upstairs with me to feed him at 5am because I figured he would wake up again around 6am for the day. He actually slept upstairs with me until 7:15am. It was a great night. I felt so rested today and Caden was the happiest baby. He didn't even cry at bath time tonight like he usually does. In fact, he never cried once today. I hope this is the start of a new beginning.

He spent most of the day at his grandma's house, so Ryan and I could run some errands. Good thing because we were gone for 5 hours today. We went out to lunch, grocery shopping, shoe shopping and we went to BRU. I could spend a fortune in that store. The lady at DSW told us that they are opening a new baby store called Bye Bye Baby over by Target on Hall Rd. Yay! I love baby stores.

Check out this video of Caden. He discovered he can scream today. So cute, but can pierce your ears if you are sitting to close to him. I love you peanut :)

No comments: