This weekend sure did go by fast, didn't it? I never want my weekends to end. I love being home with Caden and Ryan. Saturday was Ryan's birthday. We had a wedding to attend (my best friend's brother). We got there around 7pm, but the bridal party did not show up until after 8pm. While we were waiting I most definitely did not go through all the pictures of Caden in my phone over and over again. I couldn't help myself. I missed him terribly that night. My friend Nina (groom's sister) is 6 months pregnant. She was standing up in the wedding and look absolutely beautiful. She has such a glow to her that I definitely miss. We have a joke that Caden's future wife is in her belly.
Everyone was pretty hungry and anxiously waiting to eat. I felt like I could eat a horse. I did not think about sneaking by the buffet to grab a bread roll. Finally a few people said some words. The mic was handed to the maid of honor and there she pulls out two 8 x 11 pieces of paper. I did not think to myself "you have go to be kidding me?! I'm starving girl!" She was reminicing about every memory her and her sister shared and repeated the word 'awesome' more times than I ever wanted to hear. In all honesty, she loves her sister and she just doesn't want to let go of what they have. It was really sweet looking back, but at the time I did not want to bang my head on the table. By the time we ate it was near 9pm. I most certainly did not fill my plate as if I was eating for two and I was not the first one done with my food at the table. Not me!
We didn't stay long after dinner because Ryan wanted to have a few drinks for his birthday out with his cousin and a few friends. I did not secretly wish he would rather go home and veg. We went out, we made it, and I did not go through all of Caden's pictures once again at the bar. I mean how could I not?
No comments:
Post a Comment