After this bottle I pull him on my chest and he is curled in the fetal position with his head resting on my chest. We rock back and forth with my cheek against his forehead and I sing to him. Sometimes he'll fall asleep, but mostly he'll just cuddle with me. It's our moment. I feel at such peace that it actually brings tears to my eyes at times. I think of how blessed I am to have this little angel in my arms. I am so grateful for my lil man. I love him with all my heart.
As I was feeding Caden his bottle last night I was reflecting back on what his room used to look like before he was born and all of the work we put into his nursery. His room used to be our computer room. It only consisted of the computer desk, chair, futon and a light. His closet was full of Ryan's clothes and random junk. We still had the original paint from when we moved in and the carpet was all worn down. We slowly transitioned this computer room to Caden's nursery. What a difference. I remembered each step we took turning his room around. I remember moving all of Ryan's clothes upstairs to our bedroom in *my* closet. That meant I had to clean out *my* closet to make room - what a pain. I remembered when Ryan was sleeping one day after work I decided to paint Caden's closet. That took over 2 hours. I was so careful and I think I did a pretty good job. Really, though - how could you mess up a closet? The molding came next, then the ceiling and finally the walls. We painted the walls Labor Day weekend. I remember when I was doing the trim around the windows looking outside at the stray mama cat and her two kittens laying out in the parking lot enjoying the sunshine. We finally bought new carpet a month and half before Caden arrived. This mean we could finally put up his furniture. Ryan and I put together his crib (with Mia's help of course). Ryan managed to put his dresser together. His room slowly came together after the baby shower and it was perfect. I still remember moving into our condo 4 1/2 years ago... I told Ryan that this will be the room that our first child will sleep in and never knew how attached I would get to Caden's nursery. When we do eventually move out of our condo I will be so incredibly sad to leave his room behind...................
I did not start uploading pictures to my PC until just before Caden was born, so I do not have any before pictures. Although, I do have the after pictures to share.
Here is Mia helping her daddy build her brother's crib..

His mobile broke, so that is gone. It would be down by now anyway since he is standing up in his crib.


We have brown curtains up over the windows now - the sun sets on this side and it was always a pain trying to put Caden to bed at night with all that light!
1 comment:
Colleen, that room is just beautiful! You guys did an awesome job on the room and you're right, you'll bawl your eyes out when you move. I did that when I moved away from Myrtle Beach...bawled my eyes out in the middle of an empty house...so sad. But just think of the rooms to come!
Post a Comment