Saturday, January 17, 2009

Happy 9 Months!


Wow! 9 Months ~ I feel like I just posted about Caden turning 8 months. A whole pregnancy term just went by. LOL! I'm already getting baby fever again, but we are so not ready to have another just yet.

Caden, you have brought so much joy and happiness to your father and me. We are so stinkin proud of you and you continue to amaze each and every day. You are so determined to get what you want and discover new things. In fact, yesterday you discovered you could climb the stairs. I didn't realize babies could figure that out so soon! You learned so many things last month; crawling, cruising, clapping, using your pincer grasp, saying mama and you are so close to saying da-da. You always give us a chuckle when you are eating finger foods ~ you love to talk with your mouth full. I love that sleep through the night, but I sure wish you would stop peeing through your diaper. LOL! Mommy and Daddy feel so incredibly blessed and we love living life with you. We love you with all of our hearts and more than you will ever know; that is until you have children of your own ;)

**
9 Month Milestones

Most babies should be able to . . .
Stand while holding on to something - Yes
Look for dropped objects - Yes
Pull up to standing position from sitting - Yes
Clap and bang objects together - Yes
Combine syllables into word like sounds - Yes
Separation and stranger anxiety may begin - Sometimes

Some babies will probably be able to . . .
Use thumb and finger pincer grasp to pick things up - Yes
Walk holding onto furniture - Yes
Stand alone momentarily - Yes
Wave goodbye - No, but we are working on it
Drop object and then looks for them - Yes
Understand the word no (but usually doesn’t obey it) - Oh Yes
Begin to identify self in a mirror - Yes

Some babies could possibly be able to . . .
Say mama and dada to the right parents - No, but I think he is starting to with mama
Play patty cake - No
Play ball - No
Drink from a cup independently - Yes
Stand alone well - No
Say one word other than mama or dada - Does wah-wah and bah-bah count?

No comments: