Thursday, April 9, 2009

*I* will hold my OWN bottle

Our little boy will be turning the big ONE a week from tomorrow. Sniff. Sniff. (I've been sniff sniffing a lot, haven't I?). While I am excited to watch Caden and anticipating all of the new things he will discover as he grows I am also a bit sad. The last year has been the BEST year of my life. Every month was something new and I looked forward to what the next month would bring. I barely remember life before Caden. Except we had a LOT of time on our hands. (Although I thought we were busy then - Ha!)

Almost a week before Caden turns one marks the first time he held his bottle on his own. With one hand, nevertheless. He has held his sippy cup from the first time we introduced it around 5 months, but never his bottle. I didn't mind either. Since we have not been nursing since he was 8 months I actually enjoyed holding his bottle. We are also on our last week of formula and then we will start weaning Caden from the bottle. Not sure how well this will go over with Caden, so we shall see.

Grandma B is coming into town next Tuesday for the week! Yay!! We couldn't be more thrilled.

Come on Tuesday - get here fast!

*********

On another note, we are still praying for Stellan. He has been mostly out of SVT for the past week and is now on oral medication to control his SVT. There is still a chance he may have to fly to Boston to have an ablation if the oral meds do not work and other factors (blood levels, blood pressure, ect) are not where they should be. Please continue to pray for Stellan and the MckFamily.

No comments: