Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring is FINALLY here!

So it’s back to work tomorrow. I am sure going to miss my lil baby. We had such a good weekend and I enjoyed every minute with him (as usual, of course). I’ve never received so many hugs from Caden in one weekend then I have his whole little life. He would just coming running toward me with arms wide open for a big gentle hug (lets not forget the gentle head butting that comes with the hug, too!)

Have I ever mentioned how much I love the way Caden smells? I swear I could just smell his hair, neck and cheeks all day long. All the troubles and stress of the week just melt away. Even the smell of cheerios on his cheek just brings this unexplainable tranquility over me.

----------------
Caden has one of his first year molars coming through; top right. He is handling it surprisingly well as I’ve heard those can be a pain.. for everyone, but mostly for the baby. I only noticed because he was hanging upside down in my lap laughing.

He has also mastered standing up to his feet from the sitting position. I don’t think I’ve seen him crawl this entire weekend. Sniff, sniff, sob, sob. I remember when he was only crawling anxiously awaiting for him to walk. Don’t get me wrong, I love that he is walking now – but I would just love to see him crawl now and again. He may be a toddler now, but he will ALWAYS be my little baby. (You know, my mom still says this to me! – and now I know what she means.)

---------------

Alright. The best part - pictures from our weekend.

We’ve been waiting and waiting and waiting (ok, you get the picture!) for good weather to get here. We were so lucky to have a beautiful day for Caden’s party last weekend, and I honestly did not believe it would return the following week.

Saturday was just gorgeous (before the storms came in anyway). Caden and I got the grocery shopping done first thing at 7:30am! There was no way I was spending the afternoon at the grocery store. We even took Mia for her walk after breakfast, and after Caden’s nap we were off. Thankfully the park is just across the street as Ryan was out golfing (not far though in case we needed him) and we are down to one car.

Leaving for the park



Stopping for a snack at the park - he was SO happy to be outside!



What he did most of the time - walked around the playground



Hanging out by the pier (Mommy was too scared to push the stroller out there)



Loving the slide his Auntie Cole and Uncle Matt bought him! :)

Playing in the grass (Yes, our dog has ruined our back lawn)




Always lovin' on Mia

My boys Sunday night just before bath time

No comments: