We are finally emerging from the week of hell. Yes, the week of hell. Both of my little ones came down with the stomach flu last week and apparently it was inevitable that I would catch it too. Not. Fun.
Adisyn had diarrhea last Sunday and threw up once during the night. All seemed well on Monday minus Adisyn having more diarrhea. Later Monday night Adisyn threw up again and by 4am Tuesday morning Caden was throwing up. It appeared to be a 24 hour bug for both, and by Wednesday night it was all over for me and my mother-in-law. I was sick for 12 hours straight through the night. I think I got the worst of it and I'd rather have the worst of it than my children.
The downside of me getting so sick and dehydrated is that I lost most of my milk supply. I would not have stressed so much about it if my stubborn little girl would just take a bottle. I would have come to terms with it and our nursing days would have been over. I've been determined to get the supply back up and I'm currently taking a prescription called Regulin, in addition to taking TONS of Fenugreek to build up my supply. I'm hopeful. I have to be hopeful. I NEVER want to see my daughter screaming and crying at me because she is not getting enough milk. It literally broke my heart in two to see her struggle so badly. We need to pull through for 3 more months. We've made it this far and I'm hopeful we can make it just a bit longer.
I've spent so much time with my babies and worrying so much about Adisyn and my love for her has quadrupled. Who even knew that was possible?!
Her smile is so darn contagious. She is all smiles especially during bath time no matter how she is feeling. This girl LOVES her bath.
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment