Can you believe it?! BOTH kids are sick again. This is the third time in 4 weeks. Ugh. Caden came down with a cold on Monday and sure enough Adisyn followed suit yesterday. She was up EVERY 45-60 minutes like clock work last night crying. They are both really congested and Adisyn is coughing from all the drainage. She is also running a 100.0 temperture. My poor kids - they just cannot seem to catch a break. I don't know if I'll be able to fight this one off either. My throat is very sore and I feel pressure in my face. Although, it could be because I'm once again completely exhausted.
Adisyn had her 9 month well visit today. She weighed 14lbs 13oz. She is 26 1/4 inches long and her head circumference is 17 inches. I thought for sure she would weigh more than that especially since she is eating solids so well.
Dr. S assured me that her growth is perfect and not to worry. She is on the bottom line of the charts, but she started out small. She also informed me that the growth charts are based on formula fed babies. If we were to compare Adisyn on a chart from another country where breastfeeding is more common, she would most likely be around the 25th percentile. Apparently only 25% of mothers are still breastfeeding at 9 months old. Dr. S also said that Adisyn will stay petite because once she is walking she will thin out even more. So, she'll always be my little peanut.
Dr. S was not worried about her fever or cold either. She was happy to hear how well Adisyn was doing with her solids and gave me the go ahead to start scrambled egg yolk. That is what will be on the breakfast menu for tomorrow!
We go back in two weeks for vaccines for both kids. Since they were both not feeling 100% I opted to hold off on the vaccines until they are well.
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment