Saturday, August 2, 2008

Night Two...

Thursday night did not work out so well with Caden sleeping in his room. I fell asleep nursing him and when I woke up I just had no energy to bring him downstairs. He woke up several times during the night as usual. I managed to get through Friday. Looking back.. I'm not sure how. I was exhausted beyond belief!

Friday evening roles around and I decided to give him a bottle of formula and gave in to adding a few pinches of cereal. I brought him upstairs to read a book and have some play time. He actually wanted to nurse even after drinking a 4 oz bottle. He nursed for about 20 minutes and he was out cold. I had such a good feeling that he would sleep for at least 4-5 hours. So off to his crib he went. Sleeping like a little angel. I went up to bed around 9:30pm shortly after I put him in his crib.

I woke up hearing him over the monitor crying at 10:30!!! Not even an hour and he was awake. I rocked him back to sleep and gave him his binkie. I did manage to fall asleep, but was awoken by Ryan setting the house alarm as he was walking out the door at 11:30pm. Again, I fell back asleep but woke to Caden crying at 12:30am. I nursed him thinking he was hungry and put him back to sleep in his crib. He woke up again every hour on the hour. I was desperate for sleep, so I brought him upstairs at 2:30am. Didn't work! He still continued to wake up every hour on the hour.

What am I doing wrong? Why won't he sleep? I don't even feel like myself during the day anymore. I'm just too tired....

I'm going to try it again tonight, so we'll see what happens. Wish me luck again!

No comments: