Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Visit with Grandma and 4th Month Appt

We had a GREAT visit with Grandma this last week. She flew home early this morning :( I love seeing my mom - it's just so hard when she leaves. I get so emotional and on the verge of tears until they finally break the lid. It's funny how when my parents first moved to SC and my mom would be sobbing when I left and I would comfort her - now the tables are turned. I wished my parents lived closer. Having a baby makes even harder to be away from them. I am planning a trip with Caden October 1st to fly out to see my parents :) Then we'll all be going back for Christmas.

My mom was in 7th heaven seeing Caden. She fed him his cereal every night and read him a book before bed. I felt really bad because Caden is in this phase of just wanting Mommy and Daddy, so he cried a lot when we weren't around. He did give his Grandma some big smiles and lots of coos last night. This phase literally came out of nowhere. He is going to Tammy's tomorrow and Friday, so hopefully he is good for her. My mom's flight was delayed Wednesday night, so my Aunt graciously picked her up from the airport around 2am. They visited my Grandpa the next morning and drove out from Canton to my house in the afternoon. We mostly stuck around house, but we did do a little shopping and went back out to see my Grandpa on Sunday. He looked good and LOVED seeing his great grandson.

***

Caden had his 4 month appointment today. He weighed 15lbs even! He has pretty much doubled his birth weight (7lb 7oz). He was last weighed one month ago today and he is up 1lb 9oz. He is 24.5 inches long; a 5 inch growth since birth. His head is measuring 16 3/4. The doctor said he is average for his weight and just under average for his length. She wasn't worried and said he is well proportioned. When the doctor came in Caden thought he would show off and roll over. I've mentioned before that he can only roll from back to belly and the ped said that is the hardest part - rolling from tummy to back is easy. She was very impressed and said he is developing VERY well. She gave us the go ahead to start solids by giving him cereal twice a day. After a few weeks we can introduce a veggie. We have been giving him cereal (when he'll take it) once a day, but we are going to start upping it to twice a day starting tomorrow.

We also discussed Caden's sleeping habits; or lack there of. She basically said I was crazy to expect a 4 month old to sleep through the night. Haha! I'm not crazy - I know lots of moms whose babies are sleeping through the night. She said that sometimes he probably just wakes up because he is thirsty or just wants his mama's touch and told me to patient. (I think I have been more patient since I found out I was pregnant than I have in my entire life). Guess I should just keep expecting these sleepless nights until Caden decides to surprise his Mommy. **Sigh**

He only got one shot, that had 5 vaccines :( He did handle it rather well. He screamed when they poked him, but as soon as I picked him up he settled down and ate. He goes back next month for 2 more shots and an oral vaccine.

Now for some pictures from our week with Grandma!










No comments: