Sunday, November 22, 2009

31 weeks and 19 months...

31 weeks....

Only 9 or so more weeks until little Adisyn arrives. Wow. Just wow. I know this last 9 weeks are just going to fly by between Thanksgiving, Christmas and the New Year. I’ll actually be full term come my birthday, January 2nd. I am not expecting Adisyn to arrive that early, but you never know. My guess is actually January 17th. Caden was born on April 17th, so I’m thinking she should arrive on the 17th too… seeing how 17 is my favorite number and all.

I’m really starting feel the exhaustion of the 3rd trimester. I do feel pretty good in the morning, which is when I try to be the most productive. Come lunch time I’m ready to crash although I just can’t sleep no matter how long I lay there. I’m sure once Adi is here I’ll have no problem taking naps. Fingers crossed she’ll snooze when Caden naps.

Speaking of sleep this weekend would have been a great for napping since my lil man is Mr. Sleepyhead. Thursday night Caden slept 13 hours. He has never slept straight through past 8am. He then took an almost 4 hour nap! Although he didn’t sleep as long the next night he did on Saturday night until this morning; 12 hours! He must be going through a growth spurt. Instead of Caden waking me up this morning it was the dog. Only the dog faked me out. She whined at me to get out of bed and I assumed she had to go outside. Nope. She wanted my spot in bed. Rotten little girl.

I woke Caden up on Saturday just before he hit the 4 hour mark. Doesn't he look like he could have slept another 2 hours?!




This morning (after my dog kicked me out of bed) Caden woke up shortly after I came downstairs. He talked for a few and then was quiet. It turns out he was working hard to take his socks off. Apparently this little man does NOT want to wear socks. He’ll pretend to put them on, but you if try and help WATCH OUT! Like my mom said, one day I’ll walk into his room and he’ll have taken off every article of clothing including his diaper. Fun times.

He tries so hard to get his socks back on....



Our lil man turned 19 months last week. Despite the tantrums I do really love this age. He understands simple directions and can communicate what he wants/needs to some extent. He is saying new things every week. I will forever be amazed at how quickly babies grow up.

Caden is currently stuck on “hi” and “bye” although he does not wave. I’ve been waiting for this boy to wave for 10 months now and I’m finally giving up. He says “hi” and “bye” to everything. Actually, everything is a phone to him. Anything from a banana, to a spoon, the end of the plug to my blow dryer, the heating pad setting, the cords to the blinds, to a magnet on the fridge is his phone.
I couldn't get an exact picture of his ear on the heating pad remote, since he is such a squirmer but here he is saying "hi".



19 Month Milestones
Most toddlers should be able to . . .
Feed self with spoon and fork - Yes
Run well - Yes
Brush teeth with help - Yes
String more words together to make phrases or puts together pairs of words - He continues to try

Some toddlers will probably be able to . . .
Know when something is wrong - Yes
Say 20 to 50 words - No
Form recognizable sentences (two or three words) - only "thank you", but we are not hearing this as often anymore
Take off clothes - Just his socks (see above post)

Some toddlers could possibly be able to . . .
May show signs of bladder control - No
Brush teeth and washes hands without help - No
Draw better circles and straighter lines - No
Name several part of his or her body - No, but he will point to his body parts when asked where they are

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

What great pics!! 31 weeks you are so close girl!! Love the new pics of Caden. He is so adorable and I just know he'll be a wonderful big brother!!