Monday, February 15, 2010


Can you believe I'm already one month old?! I can't believe it either! I spent the first half of the month sleeping and barely crying. I think Mommy and Daddy thought I was going to be a laid back easy baby. Little did they know I was just sleeping to catch up on my growth. I'm having more and more awake time and I like someone to hold me ALL the time. I think it drives my Mommy a little crazy sometimes because she has to take care of my big brother too and she doesn't have eight arms to manage us both some times.


I'm still trying to figure out what is going on in my new world, but I mostly just eat, sleep, cry and poop these days. I wake up every 3 hours during the night to eat and my Mommy seems to have more patience when I do that. She is kind of crabby if I wake up every 30 minutes, which I try not to do very often.


Oh, and I live with this really noisy boy that Mommy says is my big brother. He is kind of annoying when I'm trying to sleep, but Mommy says we'll be good friends one day. Um, okay. Whatever you say Mom.




See how much I've grown? I'm about the size of a full term newborn baby now (so my mom says). I have a few chins and before I only had one. I graduated from preemie clothes (within 2 weeks of birth) and I'm now sporting newborn size.



I'll check back later when I've figured a few more things out in this thing called life.

: :

Month 1 Milestones

Most babies should be able to . . .
Lift head briefly when on stomach - Yes
Respond to sound - Yes
Blink at bright lights - Yes
Stare and focus at faces - Yes

Some babies will probably be able to . . .
Follow objects moved about 6 to 10 inches from face - No
Ooohs and aahhs - No
Turn towards familiar voices and sounds - Yes (mama!)
Look and see black and white patterns - Not sure

Some babies could possibly be able to . . .
Smile in response to your smile - I think she does
Laugh - No
Hold up head at 45 degree angle - No
Hold head steady when upright - Sometimes

No comments: