Saturday, March 6, 2010

new milestones reached for both babies

All is well in the Wagner home as I enjoy my last week of maternity leave before I return to work. I think I'm going to have a harder time than I thought. My babies need me. I need them. Over the last 10 weeks we have established a structured routine (the same as we followed before Adisyn plus one). I do not want to change this on them so abruptly :( Unfortunately, it appears I have no choice. I know it will get easier and new routines will take place. I need to brace myself for how busy our evenings will be and how exhausted I'll be by bedtime.

I don't want to jinx myself, but Adisyn does really great with her night time sleep - especially for only being 7 weeks old. She has worked herself from a 4 hour stretch to a 6 1/2 hour stretch of sleep. She'll wake up for a diaper change and some milk, and she is back to sleep for another 2-3 hours before she wakes to eat again. Most of the time I can get her to fall back asleep for another hour or so, which at that point I just pull her into bed with me for some morning snuggles.

I cannot believe she'll be 2 months in a week. I am excited for her to get a little older before I want to freeze time and keep her at a certain age forever.


She has reached a few new milestones too.

~she has been socially smiling for a few weeks now.
~cooing (apparently she cooed for my mom and Ryan before I ever heard it)
~holds her head up for a few solid minutes during tummy time
~rolls over from belly to back (Caden did not roll over until he was almost 3 months)

Caden has been his usual comical self around here. He still gets a little jealous of his sister, but not every day and not all day long. He is realizing that Adi is part of our family. In fact, Ryan and I took him out yesterday evening to view a home we were interested in. When we loaded him into the car he looked over at Adi's car seat base saying "baby? baby?".

He continues to talk up a storm repeating almost everything you say. Some of my favorites:

~lovey "bubby"
~soap "shoap"
~popsicle "tacos"
~bird "beard"

He has learned a few colors. orange, purple and red. He can also identify and say (but not very clear) a cirlce, square, and triangle.

Caden has always amazed his daddy and me and still continues to do so. We are so very proud of our (almost 2 year old!) lil man.

No comments: