He was SO excited to find an easel, which he calls an "eable".
He played with his "eable" ALL morning until naptime and made quite a mess of it.
We had a small family dinner, which my mother-in-law graciously held in her home. She made these awesome lego cakes. Caden was facinated with the candles on his cake and wanted us to keep lighting them so he could blow them out. He cried his little heart out when we sang happy birthday to him, and then he cried some more.
"It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to...."
Yes, I snapped many photos of my 2 year old crying at his birthday dinner.
Once he had a Diego cupcake he was in much better spirits. I learned he will only eat the frosting and not the cake. A week later he is still asking for his Diego cupcakes.
Caden made out for his birthday with clothes and toys. Our family is too generous! His nephew, Ethan, read all of Caden's birthday cards out loud. It was too adorable. (Since my blog is not private, I will not upload any pictures of Ethan and Christian - in case anyone is wondering.)
We still had a great time despite Caden's fits. He was only acting his age and I guess he is entitled to some days.
Thank you to everyone who shared this special day with us!
No comments:
Post a Comment