Monday, April 19, 2010

do they have to grow up so fast?

Dear Adisyn,

Mommy would like to ask you for a favor. Could you please stop trying to grow up too quickly? I am really okay with you being a baby and acting 3 months old. There is no need to show off. Despite how tiny you were at birth we all know you will meet your milestones.

Tummy time is for working on your neck muscles. I know you think you mastered that already, so you think it's okay to roll over from your front to back. I know you can do this too. You've been rolling over since you were 6-7 weeks old. I'm okay with you attempting back to belly.

Around 6 months is when I'll be ready for you to sit up on your own. You don't have to try pulling yourself up while laying in your swing. Just chill out and relax and look at the mobile above you, sweet child.

Most babies don't bear weight on their legs that I'm aware of at this age. I'm sure you see your big brother standing and walking and you just want to get on the move with him. Just so you know, I'm just fine having you cradled in my arms for a bit longer. You very well may be our last little baby, so please act your age. Mommy really wants to enjoy you being a baby a little longer.

On one last note. Thank you for a sweet ending to our weekend together. Mommy and Daddy (and I think Caden too) LOVED hearing you laugh. Daddy can be pretty funny, can't he?!

No comments: