We survived our trip to the doctors for both Caden and Adisyn's well visits (2 year, 4 month). I took the day off work because Lord knows we needed two parents to handle both kids. Both of them are doing well with the exception of a double ear infection for Caden. He is battling a cold that started last Friday.
Caden weighs 26lbs and he is 33 inches. Adisyn is 11lbs/13 oz and 22 1/4 inches long. Adisyn is not even on the charts yet and both are in the lower percentile for their height.
Our pediatrician was very impressed with Adisyn's alertness. She smiled and did well during tummy time. She gave us the okay to hold off on solids until 6 months. We discussed our main battle with Adisyn - her refusal to take the bottle. She said that typically the hunger will be stronger than her will to refuse the bottle. She was surprised to hear that Adi will go almost 12 hours without eating anything. On my days off I have to be sure to feed her from a bottle 1-2 times a day in hopes that will help. She also said the sitters could start trying to spoon feed her the milk. I can only imagine how much would actually stay in her mouth. None. I guess it's worth a try. Adisyn received the Prevnar shot and didn't even cry. My brave little peanut.
Caden was a bear for the doctor. He cried the entire time. Well, as soon as the doctor took his binkie from his mouth. She wanted to hear him talk, but instead she got a nice earful of loud screaming. She couldn't even listen to his lungs or heart. He does have a double ear infection and because of this we could not do any vaccines. We'll be going back in two weeks for a recheck and if his ears are better he'll receive the Hep A and HIB vaccines. We'll go back at 2 1/2 for the MMR.
As for Caden's sleep issues - he is still having them, but since my last post he has slept in his room three times since. Last night I tucked him in bed and told him I would leave his door and gate open. I explained Mommy wasn't tired yet and I would be watching TV with Daddy and then I left his room. Within 30 minutes he was fast asleep. He did wake up at 3:45am whining a little and I found him sleeping on the floor in front of the gate at 5am. Our pediatrician said his behavior is normal and just go with whatever makes Caden comfortable. He may feel lonely because our room is upstairs (with Adisyn in our room) and he is downstairs. In our new house we will have all three bedrooms in the same hallway, so hopefully he'll feel more secure. We'll most likely keep his and our door open, so he can wander in there if he feels the need.
Overall we are very blessed. Despite ear infections and colds we have very healthy children and are very grateful.
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment