Thursday, June 3, 2010

overdue updates....

I'm long overdue for some updates, but between working, taking care of the kids, house, packing and preparing for a vacation I have not had much time in between. I've even tried to make an effort for 4 Fridays in a row to have some "me" time, but every Friday that came around I had to cancel for one reason or another.

We closed on our new house one week ago today. I'm so excited to get out of this condo and have more room where we are not all on top of each other. Both kids will have their own bedroom too! Now if we could only get Caden to STAY in his bedroom. I ruined it last weekend by letting him come up to bed with me at night because I was too exhausted to stay downstairs with him until he fell asleep. Ever since he has been fighting it and I've been giving in for the sake of getting some shut eye. In fact, he is even fighting his nap time as I type this post. I'm actually sitting in his room waiting (impatiently) for him to fall asleep.

This picture is from about two weeks ago. He was doing well for naps and stayed in his bed. We even had to go in and wake him after 2 1/2 hours.


A new favorite thing Caden discovered after reading "No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed"



My mother-in-law has been great about watching Adisyn a few times on the weekend, so I can spend some quality time at the park with Caden. He absolutely LOVES the playground and frequently asks to go. He even made a friend, Brett, last time we went. Brett was following Caden around and both seem to enjoy eachother's company.


We've had some great summer weather in May and took advantage of playing outside in the kiddie pool. Although, Caden would much prefer to fill his Easter eggs with water and throw balls in it than use it for what it's for. As long as he is having fun, right?



It is very rare that for me to capture the front of Caden's face on camera let alone a smile. Instead of telling Caden to remove his feet from the table I grabbed a camera and captured some great smiles. He thought he was the funniest kid on the planet.


As for my princess ~ she is doing great. She is still waking 2 times a night to nurse, but falls back asleep quickly. She can usually only handle up to 3 hours of awake time during the day, but will stretch it to 4 hours in the evening. She has a cut off on late afternoon naps, and if she misses that window she has to stay up. Otherwise, she will fight bedtime.
Her smile literally takes my breath away. I love her to itty bitty pieces.

Both babies go back to the doctor today. Caden for his ear recheck and possible vaccines and Adisyn needs one vaccine. We leave next week for South Carolina to visit my parents while Ryan stays behind to work on the new house. He will fly in a few days before we are suppose to head home. Lord knows I'll need an extra set of hands on the plane.

No comments: