Chaotic. That is the only word I can use to explain our life right now. We have officially moved out of our condo – closing is today. The kids and I are staying at Grandma Char Char’s (as Caden likes to call her). Ryan and Mia are staying in our new house that is currently under construction, and our cat, Belle, is staying with a friend of a friend who may or may not give her a furr-ever home.
It took 2 ½ days to pack and 2 days for Ryan and his brother to move everything to a storage unit. Thankfully Ryan can now focus only on his job and the remodel of the new home. I already miss him and we’ve only spent 3 nights away from him already. Yesterday I only saw him for less than 30 seconds when he came to his mom’s house to grab a key to the new house (he had left his at the condo and had a truck load of items to take to the new house – which is now scattered about and in the way of him working.)
Caden is favoring his grandma over me when I discipline him and looks at her to save him when it’s time for bed. He is throwing a screaming fit when we walk in the room and consequently wakes up his sleeping sister. Once I get him calmed down I have to nurse Adisyn back to sleep. I’ve been falling sleep before Caden as he would prefer to stare at the ceiling and rub his nose with his lovey. Adisyn does not seem to notice the change. She is her normal, happy, fussy, teething self. Of course she is too little to understand anyway. Adisyn has not met any new milestones recently with the exception of her extreme interest in toys. When she gets mobile I’m going to have even fuller hands. She is so close to rolling over, but hasn’t done it quite on her own yet.
This morning I stopped at the new house to let Mia out. Poor girl. She is so stressed. I could hear her whining when I pulled up. She destroyed the blanket in her crate and peed in there. She never does this. After 20 minutes of coaxing her I finally was able to get her to pee outside and drink some water. She has not eaten in almost 2 days. I know this is an adjustment for her too, and I feel so bad.
My poor husband has been working his butt off between work, the new house and moving everything out of the corner. He has lost a lot of weight through all this and barely gets any sleep. He has a lot of pressure on him right now to get our house livable, so our family can be together again. I’ve never seen him work so hard before with little complaint. He is doing an amazing job on the house and it’s going to look gorgeous when it is completed. Before and after pictures will come once the house is finished.
The new home has 3 bedrooms, so if we can get Caden to sleep in his own room – EVERYONE will be sleeping in their own room including Adisyn. It’s a ranch, so no more stairs! We have a fenced in backyard and I’ll save 4 hours in drive time a week! That is HUGE.
It will all come together. It will all come together. Everyone will adjust.
Adisyn – if you ever read you mama’s blog and wonder why I didn’t blog as much when you were young…. It’s not because I didn’t have anything to say, it’s that life was VERY busy when you were born. I try to spend my time WITH you and your brother and NOT on the computer. Having two children makes any “mama-time” very limited, but I don’t mind because I love you and your brother with all my heart.
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment