Caden had his appointment to get two shots today. These are two that he should have received on his 2 month visit, but I delayed them a little longer. He screamed as any baby would, but he did recover fairly quickly.
HOWEVER, a couple hours later after he woke up from a nap he took a different turn. His poor chubby leg was a little swollen and bright red. He was screaming in pain for over an hour. He was crying harder than I've ever seen before. It was the most heartbreaking hour of my life. We gave him some baby Tylenol and put an ice pack on his leg. Thankfully this seemed to work as the swelling went down and the redness is gone (for now anyway). He finally stopped crying and ate a little and now he is taking a nap. I have a feeling it will be a long nap due to all his crying.
Last time he did not have any reaction to the vaccines. I don't want him to go through this again and he has to get a serious of these shots at all his visits. ==> Sobbing <=== Why do they have to get the same shot over and over again? Ugh!
I'm off for a nap now too. I'm exhausted!
16 years ago
1 comment:
Big hugs, I know how hard it is on both our babies and us. Keep strong, he'll be fine, but it hurts so much to see them miserable like that.
Post a Comment