Good morning Mommy!!

I do have to say that Caden had a better night last night. From what I remember he did not wake me up at 11:30pm. He slept from 9ish to 2:30am!! This was his normal sleep schedule. I fed him, but he did wake up again around 4am and finally at 6:45am. I'm still tired, but I don't feel like I was hit by a semi truck today. Last week was rough and I'm sure it won't be the last difficult week to get through.
Caden is 12 weeks!! Next Thursday is the big 3 months. I took him to the doctors yesterday because I thought he had a rash on his arm. Wouldn't know you - when I got to the doctors it was gone. I guess it was a patch of dry skin. I also talked to the doctor about his gas issues. He always has gas, but there are times where you just feel so bad because it is evident of how painful it can be for him. I have done a lot of research and talk to enough moms that have had babies and have babies Caden's age that are going through the same thing. It is completely normal. The doctor said he should grow out of it within the next month. TG!! I've been reading this book by Dr. Karp called The Happiest Baby on the Block. Dr. Karp explains that the first 3 months of an infants life are like a "4th trimester". He says that babies really should have this 4th trimester in the womb. Unfortunately, they could not fit through the birth canal (nor would any woman want an extra 3 months of pregnancy), so our bodies evict them too soon. He also talks about how their digestive tracks are immature and take the extra trimester to delvelop. He also talks about calming techniques for colicy babies. I definitely recommend this book for any mother with an infant. I wish I would have read it before Caden was born.
Caden weighed 13lbs 7oz! He gained 1lb 3oz in 30 days. The doctor seemed impressed with his gain and said he seems perfectly healthy. Go Caden!
A couple of nights ago I brought Caden upstairs to see his Daddy in bed. We all spent a good 1/2 hour with each other. Caden was being absolutely precious! All smiles for his Daddy. He even rolled over to him. He only made it on one side and then rolled back.
Did I mention Caden LOVES Baby Einstein videos? He sits in his bouncer just kicking, wiggling and laughing away. He also drools a lot when watches these. He gets upset when I turn it off though. I ordered two videos the other day that I'm waiting for. One is called Start Smart that a friend of mine recommend. I also ordered Baby Signing Times. We are going to teach Caden a few words in sign language, so he can communicate with us before he is able to talk. I've heard great reviews on this DVD. We are going to teach him the basics like milk, more, all done, help, mommy, daddy, ect.
Look at me playing with my keys!
No comments:
Post a Comment