Monday, August 11, 2008

Exciting weekend...

I should be in bed sleeping since Caden just went down for the night, but I wanted to post a few updates. My little man is getting too big so fast. Although my pregnancy feels like a distant memory it feels like I just gave birth yesterday.

Caden has been able to roll over from belly to back only when laying on the couch or bed. He needed a soft cushion to get moving. This past Sunday we were playing on the floor, and I got up to do a few things in the kitchen. He was laying on his back when I got up and when I looked over the counter I saw this:



I couldn't believe it! He is still trying to figure out how to get from his belly to back. Every time I turned him over to his back he kept rolling over. He didn't even mind being on his tummy. He was actually screaming in delight (now that he has discovered his voice).

So we played a little more....



We also tried cereal this weekend. He wasn't so sure about it. I made it way to thin. He was probably wondering why Mommy was trying to feed him milk from a spoon. Today he did a little better. He kept opening his mouth for more, but than made a look of disgust when I got it in his mouth.


Poor little guy is teething pretty bad. He had his cranky pants on all evening. His hands are constantly in his mouth and the drool - he could swim in it! I gave him some Tylenol and helped him chew on his teething rings. I feel so bad for him right now. Just a couple of days ago he was the happiest baby. Hopefully they come through quick so we can get past this. My mom is flying in this week to see Caden :) but I hope he keeps his cranky pants in the closet while she is here.

We also had fun in the exersaucer. He is still too small for it, so I had to put blankets behind and in front of him. He LOVED it! Once he can reach the toys he'll probably want to stay in it for days. It will be nice to have new toys to occupy him every now and then, so Mommy can get some things done around the house.

2 comments:

Hope said...

He's such a cute little guy!

Unknown said...

He's so sweet, Colleen! Mmm cereal, love the pic! We're starting cereal soon too, in about 2-3 weeks. Can't wait to see her reaction! All these "first" are so wonderful to experience, aren't they?