Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Night out on the town

On Saturday I made a last minute decision to go out. Ryan’s younger brother is in town from the Navy and I imagine won’t see much of him when he leaves as he’ll be stationed in Hawaii. I tired from the rough night with Caden and it is SO hard to leave him overnight. I know my MIL takes great care of him, but I just have a hard time being away from him. I always feel like something is missing. Naturally.

I’m glad I went though. We all had a really nice time. It was nice to get out and talk amongst adults, have a few drinks and laugh. We didn’t get home until after 2am and I was up at 6am and then 7:30am – just couldn’t sleep. So, I’m paying for it now. It’s Monday and I’m still paying for it. Caden didn’t sleep well last night either, so as usual I’m sleepy. I’m pretty much used to be tired now except I hate that feeling where you feel like you need toothpicks to keep your eyes open.

It turns out I forgot to pack something extremely important for my baby.Bottles. How the eff do you forgot to bring bottles? MIL had to run to Meijer at 1:30am. Not only did I feel just awful about that – I felt like a bad mom for forgetting something so important. Sometimes I feel like I have no brains left these days.
Here are a few pictures from our night out. Ignore the dufis who got in the way of a really nice picture of Ryan and me.





1 comment:

Christa said...

Not a bad mom -- I have forgot the actual can of formula on many occasions. Luckily there is a Walmart on every corner these days, open 24/7. Glad you had a good time!