Wednesday, December 24, 2008

In Myrtle Beach for Christmas

We made it to Myrtle Beach safe and sound on Saturday afternoon. We were supposed to leave on Friday, but due to the horrible snow storm we had I changed our flight. I was too nervous about getting stranded or delayed at the airport with just Caden and me. Good thing because the flight was delayed a few hours.

My BIL graciously drove Caden and me to the airport Saturday morning. The roads were really icy once we hit Detroit, but we did make it. Go figures we ended up being delayed anyway due to a passenger discrepancy and then they had to de-ice the plane. Caden cried as usual (hysterically) while we sat waiting to take off. He did eventually collapse in my arms and slept until we started to descend. It's about an hour and a half flight, which isn't so bad. He was fascinated by looking out the window while we landed. My brave little boy!

Ryan flew in yesterday. Apparently MI got yet another dumping of snow! On Friday we must have received 6-8 inches, but Ryan said the drifts of snow were 2 feet high. I read on the weather that MI was expecting another 5-9 inches yesterday. Yikes! Although I love snow for Christmas, I'm glad we are missing it. I saw all the snow I needed to see on Friday before we left.

We will be spending Christmas at my parents house. The weather will be in the low 70's. :) My Aunt is coming over to cook a deep fried turkey on Christmas Day. I've never had a turkey cooked this way, so I'm pretty excited.

Caden has learned to crawl while down here in Myrtle Beach. He gets up on all fours and takes a few crawls forward then plops to his belly. It's so cute. I have some pictures that I'll post when I get back - in fact I have TONS of pictures. I've also decided to start video taping pretty much everything. I plan on burning them to CD's and saving them for Caden when he gets older. Maybe he'll apologize when he is older for giving his Mommy and Daddy such a hard time. LOL!!

**

I met Nat in on of my Mommy forums when I was pregnant with Caden. After struggling several of infertility, her son Devin was born still on March 6th. I've been following her story and praying for her and her husband Den. My only Christmas wish this year is for Nat to receive her Christmas miracle. She is on her 3rd round of IVF and is planning to test Christmas night. Please say a prayer for Nat and Den that she receives her Christmas miracle.

No comments: