I can't believe in 2 weeks Caden and I will be in Myrtle Beach. It's coming up so quickly. I'm very excited, but so not ready. I have lots of packing and I still need to get my Christmas shopping done. Ryan and I actually took Caden to see Santa yesterday. He didn't cry at all. I don't think he really cared about the big guy in the red suit and white beard holding him. He was more interested in all the lights and decor around him. Santa was in the mall, so that also made it Caden's first trip to Lakeside Mall. He was awe when we first strolled him through. He pulled himself upright in his stroller and little head was swiveling back and forth. It was super cute!
Caden is doing really well. He is still fighting to learn to crawl. He is SO close. He can throw himself up on his knees so quickly. He can even move one knee and one hand forward, but just not together. He is almost getting himself from his belly to the sitting position too. I don't exactly think he realizes what he is doing but just one push up with his arm and he would be sitting up. It's so amazing watching him build up his strength and discover new things.
Did I mention Caden has 4 teeth now? He cut another tooth a couple days after Thanksgiving. You can't see them when he smiles yet, but they are coming through rather quickly.
On a GREAT note for Mommy (and hopefully I don't jinx myself) - Caden is sleeping through the night!!! We are on a record for 4 nights in a row sleeping through. In fact, he is never slept through the night 2 nights in a row or in the same week so we are definitely on to something. The stretches of straight sleep have been ranging from 7 1/2 - 10 1/2 hours. If he wakes up before 10 hours, he'll eat and go back to sleep until 6:30am. He has been pretty consistent about waking up at 6:30am every morning. (Well, except for right now... It's almost 7am, but I'm sure he'll be up soon). Yay for sleep!!
I'll edit with the picture of Caden and Santa later. I have to ask Ryan how to scan it. Last time I tried I almost broke the scanner.
Here is one from my phone to hold you over until then.
No comments:
Post a Comment