Ryan and I have had a little secret for some weeks now, and I’ve wanting to blog about it but that would have ruined our secret! I’m starting this post and when the cat is out of the bag, I’ll post it.
We are expecting #2! This took us by surprise, but we couldn’t be happier. We were only off by 5 months when we wanted to try again. What’s five months in the big picture anyway? I’m due January 25th, based on when I believe I ovulated or January 22nd based on my last cycle. An Aquarius baby. I guess I’d rather go with the earlier due date. So, January 22nd it is.
When my HPT was positive I almost fainted at first. I was more worried about what Ryan would say, so I waited a day or two before I told him. I knew Ryan’s first thought would be our home and the living space. We live in a two bedroom townhouse, which is already starting to get a little cramped. We have put our condo up for sale, but if that falls through we will manage. At least we have a roof over our heads. I was right about Ryan’s first concern. I know him too well. It didn’t take him too long to get past that he was actually really excited. I was so relieved.
This pregnancy is a little more intense than Caden’s so far. I’m just as exhausted as I was with Caden, but I’m having aversions to most foods. Maybe it’s not aversions – I’m just SICK to my stomach majority of the day. Nothing sounds good to eat and every time I do eat I feel sick afterwards. If I’m not feeling sick in the morning then it will happen in the late afternoon early evening. It doesn’t seem to go away until I’m in bed and then I’m starving! Of course.
I’m seeing a midwife this time around and I couldn’t be happier with my choice. I’ve already had an interview with her and I just love her. One problem though. She is looking to retire from delivery babies before this one is due. Boo. She said she has another midwife in mind that she is hoping will join the practice and take over.
: :
I haven’t come back to writing about pregnancy #2, and now the beans have been spilled! I am 11 weeks pregnant as of this posting date. I had my first check up with my doctor on June 24th. It was the regular routine; pee in cup, get weighed, check uterus visit. Unfortunately, we were not able to hear the heartbeat (HB), which I know the chances are slim this early. Either way, I still wanted confirmation. I needed to know that everything was okay before I told everyone. I asked for an ultrasound and she had no problem with my request.
I had my ultrasound on June 29th. I saw our tiny little baby. So perfect. The baby was squirming and kicking his/her legs. The baby’s HB was 158 bpm. He/she was measuring exactly to the day confirming my due date of January 22nd.
January seems so far away. Summer just started and in a way it’s almost over. Summers in Michigan are just too short. Knowing this will be my last pregnancy on top of not being completely ready for another child, I do not wish this time to go by fast. I’m sure my thoughts will change when I’m 30+ weeks. I’ll be ready by then I’m sure.
We are just taking one day at time for now. Living life as usual and enjoying our son, Caden.
17 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment