Saturday, June 21, 2008

2 Month Appointment

Caden had his two month check up at the doctor's yesterday. He now weighs 12 lbs 4 oz and he is 23 inches long. His head measured 15.5 inches. He was 7 lbs 7 oz at birth, 19.5 inches long, and his head was 14 inches. He is growing so well and is in the 50th percentile for all measurements. The doctor seemed pretty impressed with his growth. Caden was smiling and cooing at her too! I really liked this pediatrician. She was very sweet and took her time to answer all of questions. I can't stand those doctors that rush through your appointment and act as like you are part of an assembly line. My OB was like that during my pregnancy, so I definitely won't be going back to her.


Caden also had to get some of his vaccines. I do not agree with the amount of vaccines they recommended giving an infant on their visits. I am all for vaccinations, but giving them 8 in their first visit?! That's insane! I think they give too many at once and too soon. We did get majority of them, but still have to go back for two more when he is 3 months. He received one injection that had 5 vaccines and one oral vaccine. He took the oral like a trooper! His face looked like he was thinking "I know this isn't food, but I guess I have no choice but to swallow it" It was dead silence when she first gave him the injection. His face got beat red and his mouth opened to scream, but no sound was coming out. I lightly blew in his face, so he could catch is breath and he let out his blood curdling scream. Of course, I started crying with him. I felt so bad... It only lasted for about a minute and he took his paci and seemed to be okay. So far he has not had any reactions. He wasn't even that fussy yesterday - just the norm. I still felt sick to my stomach that we had all those chemicals injected into him, but it had to be done. I'm just thankful he had no reactions. I just kept praying to the light above.

***

My mom always told me that there is no love like the love you have your child. I know I loved Caden when he was growing inside me for 9 months, but I now know what my mom meant. Every day is a new day with Caden and the love continues to grow and get stronger. He means the world to me and I cannot imagine my life without him. My day is not complete without him. He has brought me so peace since the moment I found out I was pregnant. I used to have bad anxiety and would stress over the smallest things. I think some people were curious how stressed I would be taking care of a baby including me. Looking back when we first brought our dog home- I was a train wreck. I was so overwhelmed with the responsibility of taking care of this puppy. Maybe Mia was just "practice". I never felt that overwhelming cloud over me with Caden. Everything seemed to come naturally. Yes, I had my moments of crying but it never lasted more than a couple of minutes and hasn't happened in over a month. The only reason I cried was because Caden was crying I didn't know what was wrong with him. Caden gave me peace with myself and life and I am grateful for that.

***

Caden isn't the biggest fan of tummy time. He'll hold his head up for less than a minute and then he is face forward crying. He wants to hold his head up, but gets so frustrated. He does pretty well when you hold him up by your shoulder. I was at Walmart the other day and found this mat with a pillow to help them hold up their head. He made it for about 5 minutes or so before he started sucking on the pillow.

"So much better Mommy!"




and just chillin' watching TV


1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Glad the appt went well. Elizabeth like the oral vaccine too - the rotavirus I think it was. Being a parent is one of the best feelings and love for a child is love I've never felt before as well :) Isn't it great!! ???