When I first found out I was pregnant I joined an on-line forum that a friend of mind recommended. I joined a forum with many other women who were also expecting babies in April 2008. It was an amazing journey to experience with these women. I found a lot of support through this site and learned more than I ever could about being pregnant.
Of course we were all nervous and excited for our babies to make their appearances and April was just so far away. Several of our babies were born premature as early as January and I believe our last baby was born on May 1st.
There are several moms and their babies that I am always thinking of. Our due date club had many unforeseen losses and babies born with tough roads ahead of them. It is amazing the strength these women have.
Ava was born with severe laryngomalcia where parts of her larynx obstruct her airway when breathing. She had surgery yesterday and is at home, but being monitored 24/7. Ava and her family are living week by week and praying that she will not have to have a tracheotomy.
Daniel was born with Cytomegalovirus which caused the loss of his hearing. It is possible that he could have other developmental problems down the road, but only time will tell.
Zac has been in the hospital since he was born. He has undergone 2 heart surgeries and he is almost 3 months old. His family just wants him to be well and to come home.
Maggie was born with Trisomy 18 or Edwards Syndrome where there is an extra 18 chromosomes. She has full Trisomy 18 where every cell has an extra chromosome and has caused several parts of her body to be underdeveloped. From what I understand most babies with this condition do not make it past a year old. I cannot even imagine.
Devin was stillborn. His mother struggled for a couple of years with infertility and was blessed with Devin after her second round of IVF.
Sebastian was born prematurely. He only lived 5 days. How does this happen? I mean, how does any of this happen?
Miracles do happen, don’t they?
16 years ago
2 comments:
It is definitely hard to cope with all of this. I feel just like you, so close to all of these ladies!! Like we're all family it's almost as if we're feeling the pain for these women too & their families. I am always thinking & praying for them all!!
They can use all the prayers they can get, and we're all always thinking of them.
Post a Comment