Each week is something new with Caden. He has finally figured the whole "sucking my thumb" deal. He also likes to put his index finger in his mouth with this thumb and at times he gags himself - almost as if he is trying to eat his finger. I end up putting a paci in his mouth when he starts to gag - it scares me. He LOVES staring at his fists! The look on his face is priceless. It's like he is saying "what are these little gadgets and what can I do with them?" His fists are always clenched when he is looking at them. I don't think realizes he can unclench them and grasp things yet - except for my hair. Haha. No wonder moms cut their hair shortly after giving birth.
Last weekend Caden let out his first giggle! It was the cutest thing ever. Although I don't really believe he knew he giggled, but mama heard it. I was so afraid I would miss his first little giggle or laugh. There are so many things I'm afraid I'll miss while working. We really need to win the lottery. I would give anything to be a stay at home mom.
I had a moment today where I felt completely lost and confused on when and what foods to introduce to Caden. I know he should not have anything besides breast milk or formula until 4 months and I plan on going by that recommendation. Lord knows he has gas issues as it is and I don't want to make it worse before his digestive tracks are more developed. Thanks to my friends on-line I think I have figured it out. I'm excited to see Caden's facial expressions when he is able to eat different foods. Ryan and I plan on buying mostly organic fruits and veggies for him and using a food processor. Ryan is very dedicated to eating very little foods with preservatives and I know he wants the same for Caden. I consider myself lucky that he does all the cooking and we are eating healthier now more than ever.
**
Did you ever wonder why babies do not blink as often as adults? Ryan did. Well, the tired eye blinks more. Since babies sleep most of the day their eyes do not need as much lubrication, therefore, they rarely blink. Interesting tidbit. I thought so anyway.
17 years ago
2 comments:
I just wanted to comment on the picture in your header. Caden is so precious!!!
Caden is adorable. Elizabeth holds her hands in fists ALL of the time!!
Post a Comment