Sunday, June 15, 2008

First Father's Day

We have a great past two nights. Caden slept through the night for the very first time and two nights in a row. He has been waking around 4-4:30am, which is perfect as that is the time I get up for work. So hopefully he can keep that going. Typically he wakes up around 1:30am and then 4:30am. He does not seem to be as gassy since last Wednesday evening. In fact, he has been such a joy and all smiles. Since Wednesday we have only had two crying fits because he was either too hot or tired.

Today is Ryan's first Father's Day. I put together a collage of pictures of Ryan and Caden with this poem: (I found this poem on Amazon). It made me cry the first time I read it.

MY DADDY'S HAND
Daddy, Take my hand in yours and you will plainly see,
How very much I need you now to love and care for me.
As my little hand grows, I will need you even more,
Everything I do in life, I have never done before.
Teach me to be kind and loving, sharing and forgiving,
Show me through your acts of love the pure joy of living.
The years will pass by quickly and one day I will be grown,
I will pass what you have taught me onto children of my own.
Hold me always in your thoughts and remember when we are apart,
The special love between a child and a daddy's heart.

No comments: