Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sleep

Caden thought it would be fun for his Mommy if he reverted back to being a newborn. The past 3 nights remind me of when we first brought him home. He has been waking up every 2-3 hours and I'm now running on pure exhaustion again. I pray to the light above he does not wake up like that tonight as I have to work. Last night was the worst out of the past 3 nights. He went to bed around 8pm, which is his normal bedtime. He usually wakes up at 2am for a feeding and then back to bed until 4-5am. Last night he woke up at 10pm, 1:15a, 3:45am, 5:15am, and 7am. I also woke up around 11:30pm from some really weird dreams.

Ryan took Caden over to his mom's house for the afternoon, so I could take a nap. Unfortunately, I still had things that I needed to get done before the work week that I couldn't do earlier in the weekend. I ended up taking an hour or so nap. It felt good, but I'm still exhausted.

We were out and about all weekend, so maybe he was restless from too much stimulation. He could also be going through a growth spurt. I can't believe he will be 12 weeks on Thursday. He is almost 3 months old!

Caden sleeps in his playard in our room at night. It's been easier tending to him at night since his bedroom is downstairs. My goal is to start putting him in his crib next week - starting Thursday. Knowing me I'll probably sleep on the couch until I'm comfortable with him downstairs in his own room. A friend of mine told me her little girl started sleeping through the night when she was finally in her own room. She said it took a few nights, but that was it. Wish me luck is all I can say!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

OMG Elizabeth has been doing the same thing the past 2 nights. I am hoping it will pass soon & hopefully get some sleep tonight. Maybe its a growth spurt?