We finally got an alarm system put in yesterday, which means we will start our attempts to get Caden sleeping in his OWN room and OWN crib! I'm a little nervous, but excited at the same time. I am really hoping this means the start of getting more sleep. I know he will probably still wake up at least once a night to eat, which I am okay with. With him sleeping in his own room, I shouldn't hear every peep or movement and hopefully if he wakes up he'll soothe himself back to sleep. I did get his room ready last weekend. I had to buy a pillow wedge to go under his mattress to elevate him when he sleeps. He gets so congested if he is not elevated and that is always a guarantee that he'll wake up. I also bought a mirror and a rainforest soother to put in his crib. The soother was about $40 and the mirror was less than $15. Of course, he LOVES his mirror. The other day he was in his crib laying on his side looking in his mirror. He was also sucking on this little rubber toy that hangs off the mirror. I walked past his room and saw a couple toes peeking over the side of the crib. I tried to get my camera, but I wasn't quick enough. Wish us luck tonight!
My mom will be flying up in a couple weeks to visit again. I'm SO excited! Hopefully I'll be able to get a nap in and maybe go out to lunch with Ryan. We haven't had a "date night" since before Caden was born. We are so overdue. Caden will be turning 4 months when my mom is in town. We are going to celebrate by trying rice cereal with Caden. I hope this helps with him sleeping through the night, but I was told not to get my hopes up - that it doesn't always work. (Fingers crossed!) I can't wait to see the look on his face when we first try it. I'm sure he barely swallow any of it at first. Soon after we can start trying fruits and veggies. His 4 month appointment is on August 20th, so I want to discuss with the pediatrician in regards to what we should try first.
I'm starting to wonder if Caden might be teething. I know babies can teeth for quite a while before a tooth actually comes through. He is seriously obsessed with chewing on his fingers or anything you put by his mouth for that matter. Even when he is being fed by a bottle he is trying to stick his fingers in his mouth. He has been a little more fussy than normal and is drooling like crazy. Just when he starts to get out of his crying and fussy stage... it's back from teething or so I believe. I know he had a rough day this morning with Tammy. She thought between his gas and possibly teething he was just not a happy camper. Poor peanut!
More updates to come on Caden sleeping in his own room!
16 years ago
1 comment:
Lots of luck with moving him into his own room!!! I'm sure you'll feel much better after sleeping for a solid few hours!!
Post a Comment