Saturday, October 11, 2008

Trip to Myrtle Beach and more!

I know... I've been slacking. I haven't had much time on the computer for "free time". I have been messing with my blog trying to get a new layout, but I keep receiving some stupid message, so I'm waiting for blogger support to fix it. So for now I'm using a different template (which is boring I know). In midst of trying to upload a new template I lost some things on my blog including pictures, my blog list and Caden's milestones. I'm working on adding them back (hopefully I will get that done before bed).

Enough with the boring stuff - let's talk about Caden! We have lots of new things going on with my little boy. We'll start with teeth! That's right, not a tooth - teeth. His front two bottom teeth cut over the last week. He was so miserable the two days these came through. I felt so bad for him. It's too bad moms can't take away this pain from them. I would endure all of the pain he would/will suffer in life as I'm sure most moms would.

Let's see... I'll just make a little list of all the other new things going on with Caden.

~He is growing more hair
~Sitting up better, but still assisted
~Stares at Mommy and smiles when I realize he is staring at me (this just melts my heart)
~Recognizes his name
~Scooches around on belly and can do a complete circle
~Puts his butt up in the air while on tummy (getting ready for crawling!)

Caden also went on his first airplane ride the 1st. Caden and I took a trip to Myrtle Beach to visit my parents for about a week. He did really well on the plane. Our flight there was very early and our flight home was way past his bedtime, so he basically slept the entire ride. He did cry hysterically when we first boarded both times because he was exhausted beyond means, but he did fall alseep as we were taking off. Every time the flight attendants or the pilot would talk his eyes would pop open, but he would drift back off into lala land. Our flight home was delayed and we didn't get home until after 1 in the morning. We were exhausted needless to say.

Our trip was great. Caden met his Grandpa for the first time and Grandma got to feed him breakfast and dinner every night. They both miss him and his singing in the morning. My mom can't believe how happy he is in the morning. Unlike his Mommy and Daddy. Ha! Caden woke up every morning around 5:30am - after waking up a few times during the night. He would wake up the whole house with his singing. I guess Kaysea (my parents dog) slept in the day after we were gone. Here are a few pictures from our visit (There are more pictures in my Photobucket account - just click on Photobucket Pics and view them under Caden 5 months). We took Caden to Ripley's Aquarium and the beach. It was beautiful weather. I forgot sunscreen for Caden, so our trip to the beach was short lived.



1 comment:

Marie said...

What great pictures!! I'm so glad you and Caden had a good time in MB! I miss going to Ripleys with Ethan! Glad you got some time with your parents!