Monday, March 23, 2009

Stellan needs our prayers again....

I've been following MckMama's blog just before she gave birth to baby Stellan. I love reading about MckMama's adventures with her 4 MSC (many small children) and of course her Not Me! Mondays. On most days I know that I can get a good smile from her posts, but most of all she inspires me. As a working mother of one I am in awe of how much this woman can accomplish as a stay at home mother with 4 children ages 4 and under. She absolutely amazes me.

However, the main point of this post today is talk about Stellan. He was sick in his mother's womb, but miraculously recovered. His tiny little heart was healed by God. He was born a healthy boy. A few months ago Stellan became very sick with RSV and was hospitalized. Everyone prayed for Stellan. He became stronger and stronger and was able to come home just after the new year.

Stellan is now in the hospital again. He appeared to be struggling to breathe, so he was taken to the ER. He was given nebulizer medication, which they believe sent his tiny heart into SVT (Super Ventricular Tachycardia).. his heart rate has been beating at 300bpm. Stellan is now getting "last resort" medications, which stops his heart completely in hopes that when it restarts it beats slower. He has also been given medicine to make his body slow down and not fight so hard. When the medicine wears off it will flip him right back to this state.

Please pray for Stellan and his family. Please pray that God slows Stellan's heartbeat down.

No comments: