Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update on Caden and Baby Nina

Caden's been having a rough week - going on two this week. Ever since he started the amoxicillion for his ear infections he has not been eating well at all. It's been over a week since I've been able to get 24 oz of formula in him. On Sunday he was extremely fussy - constant whining. I took him in his room to try a bottle for the umpteenth time that day and to put him down for a nap. He did take 4 oz, but as soon as I sat him up he spewed everywhere. Let me correct myself, it was projectile vomit all over ME! I yelled for Ryan to come and help. I basically had to strip down before I could even take care of Caden. We both needed a bath needless to say and nap time never happened.

He barely ate his dinner that evening and refused his nighttime bottle. Surprisingly he slept through the night - 12 hours straight. I went into his room around 6:30am when I heard him and he did end up throwing up again in his crib. It was dry, so I imagine it was earlier in the night. He did take 6 oz Monday morning and ate his breakfast. I took him to the doctor in the morning to get his ears rechecked. The doctor said his ears do not look any better, but they are not severe enough to use a stronger medicine. She asked that we finish his prescription and give him Motrin for 3-4 days afterwards. We go back in a week and a half for a recheck.
Poor baby! On top of it he is cutting another tooth on the bottom. I saw that it JUST broke the gumline last night. Between his ears and his teeth the poor kid can't eat.

Caden stayed with my MIL during the early afternoon while I visited Nina in the hospital. Her labor was induced and I was really looking forward to being there - yes, in the delivery room. I took Caden home from my MIL's around 2:30ish and was back at the hospital around 5pm. By then Nina was dilated to an 8 and her epidural was not working. Man, did I feel bad for her. She was in so much pain she could barely talk or breathe for that matter. After only 45 minutes of pushing baby Nina was born weighing 8lbs 4oz and she was 21 inches long. I have no idea where Nina hid this baby. She is almost a 1lb bigger than Caden and 1.5 inches longer. Mom and baby are happy and healthy!

Happy birthday Nina!

No comments: