Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I am so thankful for my son, Caden. He is truly amazing and I am so proud to be his mom. Thank you Lord for choosing me to be Caden's mother. I am forever grateful.

What a truly wonderful Mother's Day (actually, weekend) I had. Ryan and Caden were too good to me. I feel somewhat spoiled as my Mother's Day seemed to last all weekend. Not that I am complaining by any means!

Ryan made my favorite dinner on Saturday evening; homemade chicken pot pie! It's actually my dad's recipe that I made Ryan learn. Not that Ryan could not have figured it out as he is an excellent chef. He took over bath time last night too, which was a treat not to hurt my back bending over that tub. I did put Caden to bed though. I can't give that part of my evening up. It's my special time with him. We cuddle in the rocker and it takes everything I have to lay him down in his crib for the night. I never want to let go.

For Mother's Day Ryan bought me a gift card for Kohls. Just in time too! I need to buy some summer clothes before we leave for our vacation to Myrtle Beach next month. My mother-in-law also bought me a gift card to Kohls too! Thank you both so very much!

Caden bought me some oh so delicious chocolate strawberries. They are like a taste of heaven (next to Caden that is).



On behalf of my dog, Mia and cat, Belle, Ryan brought home some flowers. Something from everyone in the household. Ryan did well :)


After Caden took a glorious 3 1/2 hour nap that I woke him from he had a grilled cheese and some grapes.



Just getting ready to leave and visit Ryan's mom for Mother's Day


Playing with something he should NOT be touching! He has broken so many of our blinds and we only have one replacement left.
My sister-in-law is giving us this little bounce house that will fit in our basement! He doesn't know how to jump yet, but he seemed to warm up to it a little. Thanks, Cole!



I'm sad the weekend is over. It was just wonderful. Now to get through another week at work and we'll have the weekend back.
Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful and beautiful mothers!

1 comment:

Julia said...

I am so glad you had such a nice mother's day! WTG Ryan & Caden!