Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our "love fern"

Have you ever seen that movie "How to Loose a Guy in 10 days" with Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey? Kate (I cannot remember her screen name) is writing an article in a magazine how what women do wrong that send the men they are dating running. At some point in the movie she brings all of her belongings including a plant in which she calls their "love fern".

During the first month Ryan and I were dating I flew down to visit my parents for Christmas. Every visit my mom always takes to me a local flea market where I buy a new bamboo plant. That year was my first bamboo. I do not have many any plants other than my bamboos since I cannot seem to keep them alive for the life of me.

The bamboo plant you see in the picture below has been alive for almost 7 1/2 years! Not only has it been alive that long it is turning into the giant's beanstalk! It used to be only a little taller than the smaller bamboo that is also in the vase. Ryan just went out today to buy the second stake to hold it up (or else it just plops right over). It has to be almost 4 feet tall. Needless to say, I call this special bamboo our "love fern".

How tall could this "love fern" possibly grow? We do have a 15 foot cathedral ceiling in our living room, so I suppose it has some room to grow.



On another note, Caden turned 13 months old today. This last month seem to go by a little slower than all the rest of his months leading up to the big one. Can you believe I did not take any pictures today? I will make up for it this week. We had a nice productive yet lazy weekend. Caden stayed in his jammies all day Saturday and Sunday and so did I.

No comments: