Friday, October 9, 2009

Where does the time go?

*sob, sob* I miss my mom. We had such a nice relaxing visit, and I'm so sad she is already gone home. That week went by so fast. Heck, the last two weeks went by to fast. Time in general goes by way to fast. I wish I could pause time whenever I felt like it. Wouldn't that be nice?

Unfortunately, it rained EVERY day my mom was here. It kept us inside most days, but we did make it to the cider mill (a quick trip in and out) and we also visited my grandpa. He is doing so well and all the old folks just love seeing Caden. Surprisingly Caden was giving this nice old man high fives. He was the only person Caden did not shy away from at my grandpa's assisted living place. Grandpa is doing well, which is always nice to see.

Caden learned a LOT while my mom was in town. I believe I mentioned in my last post how he will point to some of his body parts. He has most of them down pat. He is also starting to talk more. The other day I handed him his binkie and he says "tank you". Ryan and I always say "thank you" when he brings us/hands us something. We've also heard him say "stop that", "get out" and "mine". I'm not sure if he really knows he saying it or even trying, but he might be. Tammy, Caden's sitter said he pointed to a diaper laying on the floor and said "diaper" twice in a row.

Where has the time gone? How did he grow up so quickly?

Grandma and Caden pretending to cook and serve.



Trying to get Caden to sit still and pay attention during a photo shoot is nearly impossible these days.



but then I caught him - even if he wasn't smiling.



My friend Nina stopped over while my mom was in town for a visit. She brought her 7 month old, baby Nina too! I can't believe Nina is 7 months old. It seems like just yesterday I witnessed her birth.





I'm not sure how good you can see Caden's expression in this picture, but if you look really close you can see he is not about sharing his book with baby Nina.



::

I'm 25 weeks pregnant. Only 15 more weeks to go until little Adi arrives. Where or where has this pregnancy gone? I can't believe it. I'm finally starting to get somethings organized and making room for her. I cleaned out Caden's closet and packed all his summer clothes away. It made me so sad that he will never wear them again. We will be tackling the basement this weekend and sorting through all the baby gear. I'll probably get all sappy and sad or possibly a little anxious as well.

As for how I'm feeling.... I'm T-I-R-E-D. My body is aching and I'm just exhausted. It's a lot harder this time around when you are chasing around a very active toddler. When I was pregnant with Caden I could nap as I pleased... at least that is what Ryan told me I did. I don't remember all that clearly. I'm not complaining though. We feel very blessed to be pregnant again with a healthy baby girl. God is very good to us.

No comments: