Monday, December 7, 2009

the tree is up!

We finally put up our Chistmas tree this past weekend, and Caden is obsessed. Aren't they all at this age? Ryan was still putting up the lights when Caden woke up from his nap. While I was changing his diaper he could see the lights and could not wait to get out in the living room. He was over the moon excited with the lights and all the ornaments.

He is doing rather well with the ornaments. There are 3 of them that he is allowed to play with it and he is getting the hang of it. He was taking them off and using them as a telephone saying "who?, who?", but now he is just takes them on and off and claps when he gets them back on the tree.

We have a stuffed Santa that Ryan's aunt bought for Caden. We asked him "who is this Caden?" and he replied with "ho, ho, ho". I cannot believe how quickly he learned this from the last two visits with my mother-in-law.

Sunday morning the lights went out on the tree. I couldn't for the life of me figure out where to even start. Caden kept saying "uh-oh, uh-oh", which then turned to "ba-byes" and then into an all out stomping fit when he realized I could not get them back on. Thankfully Ryan woke up and came to the rescue. We just need to replace the bottom strand of lights, so all lights above are now working.

Here is Caden taking it all in once we were finished.

Excuse the dog's butt in the background, but this was the only good shot of Caden saying "hi" to the lights. (on = hi and off = ba-bye)

I was working on a photoshoot for our Christmas cards this year. I'm rather disappointed in my "newish" camera I bought. All the sudden I am getting horrible glares, not to mention I still can't figure out all the darn settings.
He looks so handsome in his Christmas outfit!

No comments: