Tuesday, June 17, 2008

2 Months!

My little man is two months old today. I can't believe it. I remember how slow two months went by when I was pregnant (at least the last two) and now time is going by too fast. I really wish I would have started a journal while I was pregnant with him. I would have wanted Caden to be able to read about his journey before he was born and to know how much I loved him from the moment I found out I was pregnant. I remember that morning like it was yesterday. I wasn't supposed to start my next cycle until Saturday, but I had some home pregnancy tests that you could take up to 5 days early. It was a Wednesday morning and I knew the night before I was going to take the test the next morning. I woke up around 4am and couldn't fall back asleep. Needless to say, I got up and took the test. It came back with two lines almost immediately. I started crying (happy tears of course) and jumped on the bed waking up Ryan to tell him the news. He couldn't have been happier.

***

Caden seems to be very amazed with these little fists of his. You'll see him put his arms straight out and look at his hands like it is the best thing since sliced bread. I think of that movie "Look Whose Talking" and I here Mikey's voice talking for Caden. He is sucking on his fist more and more. It's always his left hand. I wonder if that means he will be left handed?





We are getting our routine down with no problem so far. We wake up around 4:15am on work days. {Yawn} Makes me tired while thinking about it. I like getting to work early, so I can leave by 3:30pm and have more time with my son. Caden will typically eat right away and then he falls back asleep in his swing while I get ready. Next is a diaper change, load the car and we are out the door. I'm so thankful he does not have to be in day-care. I think leaving him would be so much harder on me. He stays with his Grandma on Monday, a friend of the family on Tuesday and Thursday, at home with Ryan on Wednesday and with me on Friday. On Tuesday and Thursday he is staying in the house that is next door to the home I grew up in. It's nice driving by our old home every week. It brings back good memories.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Time does go by so fast!! Our little ones are not going to be so little anymore!!

Add me to your page hun!!

Liz said...

Caden is just so cute. And I love his name, just add ce after it and you have Cadence (my little girls name) hehehe!

Unknown said...

He is so stinkin' cute I can't get over it. Quinn (hank) sucks on his left hand also. I try to tell myself it is because I sucked my left thumb lol! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Unknown said...

He's super cute. I know what you mean about daycare, it's not bad, but it's definitely hard to leave our little ones with somebody else!