We are still adjusting to have our newest addition and believe we are doing great so far. Adisyn has been such an easy baby so far. All she does is sleep, eat and poop. I actually have to wake her to eat every night. I don't feel nearly as exhausted as I did after Caden was born. I have yet to take a nap and feel pretty good during the day.
Adisyn had her weight check up last Monday and was back up to 4lbs 8oz. She has to weigh more than her birth weight now. She is actually fitting into her preemie diapers and they used to be too big for her. We don't have to go back to the doctors until she is one month old.
I love her tiny feet!
Caden on the other hand has become more of a handful. Let me rephrase ~ he is a lil monster most days. The terrible twos (and I'm sure some jealously is involved) have come early. The temper tantrums have become almost unbearable if he does not get his way. Everything is "MINE, MINE, MINE". He is fighting naps, baths and bedtime as well and wants a popsicle every waking minute. I miss my sweet, innocent, cuddly boy. Where did he go? He does have a few moments of kindness through the day and I'm praying he gets through this "monster" stage soon.
Caden has taken off on his vocabulary in the last week. It's pretty amazing. He will attempt (and does pretty well) to repeat almost every word you ask him to. This evening I turned on Go Diego Go, and as a clear as a bell he turns around and says "Go Diego". He has learned so many new words that I cannot even keep up anymore. One of my favorites is when he says "Meow", which I caught on video. It's too cute not to share.
As for how I'm doing? I'm truckin' along. I've had a few moments of the baby blues like I did with Caden. I still have some overwhelming thoughts of how we are going to handle raising two children and especially how hectic our routines will be when I return to work. We have no choice but to chug along and get through each day one at a time, right?
My little man getting his "tacos" (as he likes to call them)
No comments:
Post a Comment