I'm posting an update which means I'm not in the hospital being induced, so I'm thankful for that.
The ultrasound today showed a slight increase of amniotic fluid from 6.2 to 7.something. Although I'm still in the low range it is not below 5, but I'll take it. The ultrasound tech did check the blood flow through the umbilical cord (even though I am going for a doppler ultrasound on Monday) and she said it was in the normal range. Yay! Adisyn did well during the NST. She was sleeping as soon as they hooked me up, so they gave me a juice box and that did the trick. Silly girl kept kicking off the belt around my belly.
My midwife called in sick today, so I had to to see one of the OBs in the office. She was okay, but reminded me why I switched from an OB to a midwife. As she was checking my dilation she explains she is going to sweep my membranes. I was so upset at first... that she would do this without asking me. However, she is aware I want to go into labor on my own and apparently sweeping your membranes has a 50/50 chance of helping that happen quicker.
Instead of bawling my eyes out (I felt violated! haha!) I am thankful that I was sent home and not to the hospital to be induced.
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment