I did not enjoy the roller coaster ride I went on yesterday. Not. One. Bit.
My midwife and I went through the usual at my 37 week appointment yesterday. She asked if I thought Adisyn felt small. Um, I don't know ~ I can't really tell, but I do not feel that my stomach is as big as it was with Caden. I am carrying a girl this time and maybe differently?
I was still sent for an ultrasound to check the size of the baby and fluid. It turns out that my amniotic fluid is on the low end. Apparently 5 is low and I am at 6.2. Adisyn is also measuring small too. They are estimating that she only weighs 5lbs 2oz. I have never been comfortable with an ultrasound machine predicting this weight as they are often wrong by a pound or two.
They did a non stress test at the office and Adisyn was doing great! This is good. I was still sent to the hospital for another NST, so the high risk doctor could review and make a decision on whether or I should be induced. Again, Adi did great on the NST. The high risk doctor said that at 37 weeks there is no reason I need to be pregnant since I am full term. She also said there is no absolute reason I need to be induced either. I chose not to be induced as I just turned full term last Friday and I do worry about lung maturity. If I was 38 weeks along, I may have gone ahead with the induction although I'd rather go into labor on my own. I am still 1cm dilated and now 70% effaced. During my ultrasound they could not see Adi's face because she was so far down in my pelvis. This is all good signs that I will go into labor on my own.
I left the hospital under restrictions of getting lots of kick counting, rest and drinking additional fluids. I go back to the doctors on Thursday for another NST and fluid measurement by ultrasound. If my fluids are any lower, I'll be sent straight to the hospital to start the induction. Again, praying that is not the case and I go into labor on my own.
I've been taking it easy today. Resting, drinking water, eating, and cartoon watching with my little man. I'm taking all I can get with my last moments with just Caden and me while we pray for the health of little Adi.
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment