Caden had his 15 month check up today. He was pretty fussy the whole time we were there. He did NOT want to be in his stroller or held while we waited. He wanted to be down and exploring. Can you blame him though?
He weighs 23lbs 5oz and is 30 1/2 inches long. He hasn't grown much since his 12 month appointment and the doctor said he was just below the average line. She wasn't concerned though and neither are we. He is growing perfectly and doing fabulous.
The doctor asked if he was starting to say words, trying to talk and understanding some of what we say. Yes, yes, and yes. Actually, since he started pointing (last week) he has been trying to talk a LOT more. He babbles his baby talk which I think I could listen to all day long. He learned a new word yesterday, too! He says "hi". He is still not waving, but will say "hi" over and over again.
Her question about him understanding what we say got me thinking. I know he understands more than he leads on, but here are some things he understands that I can think of off the top of my head:
~The difference between "do you want to play with your blocks and do you want to play with your legos".. He LOVES his legos!
~"Slam dunk it!" - he has a basketball net and he knows that means to put the ball in the net.
~"Are you hungry?"
~"Time for a diaper change"
~"Stand up" and "Sit down"
~"Can I have a hug" "Give so and so a hug"
~"Who says meow?" - he will answer with "kitty"
I think he understands quite a bit! There is definitely more too.
Caden did have to get one shot today - the chickenpox vaccine. He hasn't had any reactions so far, but he did not eat his dinner, nor did he take his bottle. I am sure it has to do with that vaccine to some extent. With that said, I am off to bed. With no food or bottle I am sure I am in for at least one waking or a VERY early rise.
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment