Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sleep and Jibber Jabber

A quick update on Caden's sleeping issue before the fun stuff.

After asking the advice of family and many of my friends I met on my favorite Mommy site we decided to go with crying it out again on Thursday night. I did not have to work on Friday, so I figured if we were up all night Ryan would let me nap when he got home from work. I will start by saying Thursday night was the hardest night with him. It was painful and heartbreaking for me. Without my sister-in-law talking to me on the phone I don't think I could have done it. Caden cried an hour and 45 minutes. I did check on him every so often. He started throwing his blanket, binkies, and lovey over the crib and then beating on the crib railing with his hands. It was awful. Just as I was about to give in he started having breaks in his crying and then it stopped. He slept until 6:15am the next morning. Early, but I'll take it!

Friday night he cried for only five minutes and Saturday night he let out one little whine and that was it! Ryan and I are very happy CIO (crying it out) worked and hope we never have to go through this again. We are now keeping his door open with the bathroom light on (which is right next to his room) and this seems to help. I think my little man is afraid of the dark.

So much for being quick.

::

Last week Caden started this jibber jabber baby talk that absolutely melts my heart. He'll point at something (usually the fan or light) and start talking. He looks at you like "did you get that mom? Don't you think?" I really wish I knew what he was actually trying to say.

It took me about two minutes to get him started. He was playing camera shy at first.



No comments: